Hex Editor online – Official website: https://hexed.it/
Hex-works – Official website: https://hex-works.com/eng
Online Hexeditor – Official website: https://www.onlinehexeditor.com
Official website: https://www.ultraedit.com
UltraEdit is a commercial text editor for Microsoft Windows, Linux and OS X created in 1994 by the founder of IDM Computer Solutions Inc., Ian D. Mead. The editor contains tools for programmers, including macros, configurable syntax highlighting, code folding, file type conversions, project management, regular expressions for search-and-replace, a column-edit mode, remote editing of files via FTP, interfaces for APIs or command lines of choice, and more. Files can be browsed and edited in tabs, and it also supports Unicode and hex editing mode.
- Facilitates the opening and editing of large files, up to 4GB and greater in size
- Native 64-bit architecture
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Document map navigation
- Column (block) mode editing
- Regular expression find and replace
- Find/Replace in Files
- Extensible code highlighting, with ‘wordfiles’ already available for many languages
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- XML editing features, such as XML tree view, reformatting and validation
- Auto-closing XML and HTML tags
- Smart templates for code completion
- Editor themes
- Integrated FTP, SSH, telnet
- Hex editing
- Log file polling
- File/data sorting
- File encryption and decryption
- Project management
- Automation via macros and scripts
- Integrated file compare
Official website: http://www.technologismiki.com
Hackman Suite is a multi-module all purpose debugging tool. It includes a hex editor, a disassembler, a template editor, a hex calculator and other everyday useful tools to assist programmers and code testers with the most common tasks.
HxD – Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor
Official website: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
HxD is a carefully designed and fast hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.
The easy to use interface offers features such as searching and replacing, exporting, checksums/digests, insertion of byte patterns, a file shredder, concatenation or splitting of files, statistics and much more.
Editing works like in a text editor with a focus on a simple and task-oriented operation, as such functions were streamlined to hide differences that are purely technical.
For example, drives and memory are presented similar to a file and are shown as a whole, in contrast to a sector/region-limited view that cuts off data which potentially belong together. Drives and memory can be edited the same way as a regular file including support for undo. In addition, memory-sections define a foldable region and inaccessible sections are hidden by default.
Free Hex Editor Neo
Official website: https://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor
Free Hex Editor Neo is the fastest large files optimized binary file editor for Windows platform developed by HHD Software Ltd. It’s distributed under “Freemium” model and provides you with all basic editing features for free.
Official website: http://www.ztree.com/html/ztreewin.htm
ZTreeWin is a fast and flexible text-mode file/directory manager for all versions of Windows. It has been developed as the successor to the legendary DOS file-manager XTreeGold. Anyone who has used that remarkable program would be aware of its superior capabilities as a text-mode, tree-structured file-manager – but would also likely be aware that its limited memory support, and lack of long filename support are today a major issue.
ZTreeWin is a native Windows program (both 32-bit and 64-bit) that has been developed to provide all the powerful functionality of the past (and much more!), while avoiding all the limitations of the old DOS-based program.
Official website: http://ridiculousfish.com/hexfiend/
A fast and clever open source hex editor
for Mac OS X.
Official website: https://www.synalysis.net
Reverse Engineering and Binary File Analysis
Official website: https://hexinator.com
professional Hex Edito.
- edit files of unlimited size.
- compare files, compute checksums, decode numbers or display a histogram of binary file.
- create a grammar for your file formats and decode them automatically.
- Advanced search lets you find text, numbers or masks.
- automate routine work with Python scripts
- many grammars for various file formats can be downloaded for free.
Cygnus Hex Editor FREE EDITION
Official website: http://www.softcircuits.com/Products/CygnusFE
- Fast, simple operation; delete and insert data as easily as with any word processor
- Blazingly fast search quickly searches or replaces any combination of text and binary data
- Multi-level undo and redo
- Extensive drag and drop support
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) design allows side-by-side editing; supports multiple views of the same file
- Dockable and moveable toolbars; state and position of main window and toolbars saved between sessions
- Easily print all or any portion of a file; Print Preview command
- Edit files up to available virtual memory (up to 2GB)
- Reload command re-opens the current file from disk
- Extensive, context-sensitive, on-line help
- And lots more!
Official website: http://www.suavetech.com/0xed/0xed.html
0xED is a native OS X hex editor based on the Cocoa framework.
Fast editing of large files.
Unlimited file size (limited by what the actual file system supports).
Small memory footprint.
Instant opening of files of any size.
Remains responsive with 1 million+ edits.
Supports all normal text editor keyboard shortcuts.
Resource fork editing.
Full hex/text search/replace.
Binary/text Cut/copy/paste support.
Main window is sizable.
Plug-in system to display your custom data types.
Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or newer.
Intel 32/64 bit binary.
Localizations available: Italian, Finnish, French, German, Simplified Chinese.
Free of charge.